Makna raya dalam hidup saya


Cousin. Yes, specifically, cousin. And let me just name it as Ya. Who is Ya? Okey, if you have read all of my entries, there were few of 'em, Ya was the main character inside it. Ya is a person. Unlike Britney Spears where she is neither a girl yet nor a woman, Ya is already a woman, at least, but still holding some girl 'traits'. And as far I remember, since she verified my memory capabilities, I started to know her when I was 8, like, got to be closer to her kinda 'know'.

And so, for today, with Aidilfitri is on-going, plus with the 1st official anniversary of my 'activation' as an active blogger(well, started to slow down since few months back, because of 'society-responsibility' I should say), with a title post of 'saya sombong bila saya kurus dan berkulit mulus'(please read yea), I would like to dedicate this entry for my first best-woman-apart-from-siblings-aka-friend in life, before even Mariam Zaharan whom I always referred as 'Old Fren No.1'. 


Ya.

We are two years apart, but as to follow the year-born sequence in Hajah Rahmah's, I was born after her. Some 'trivia' where I always love to do back then were like, she was the last grandchild that managed to see arwah Atok Zaman Huri, while I was the first one that was born after Atok's death in 1988. And we both are true Perakian.
There was one time, our Abahs swapped both of us by lifting us up to their shoulders and, yeah, I am Pak Long Kimi's favorite niece, and Ya is Uncle Ghani's. 
Our primary schools were so near yet far. Ahakz. I was in S.K Bukit Bandaraya(SKBB) while she's in the back of Lucky Garden, S.K Bukit Pantai(SKBP). Trust me, for how many times I prayed that we were in one school, and it's almost happen when we were supposed to be schooled in secondary school stage in SMK Bukit Bandaraya(SMKBB), but, eventually, when I was in my standard five, whereas she was already in form one in SMKBB, on the second semester, she moved to Bidor with Mak Long. So, kinda shattered, I mean, my dream. But, life had to move on.
Let's go back a little to our primary school days. So, basically, since Mak Long was working in TNB Bangsar Branch, so, we both were re-united almost everyday after school hours. That's when I always listened to her stories. I still remember some, clearly until today. And I can't blame my brain for that. Her schoolmate gossips. And the best part was, Barbie! At her home in Bandar Sri Damansara, she had this full complete set of Barbie, while I just had one. After all, I have a very envious big brother who even dared to remove my dear Barbie's head from it's remote body. So, I just really love her life o and quite jealous to see Along Afzel(Ya's eldest brother) didn't do what Chae did.
So, yes, I was so a girlish when I am with her.


Ya's 'departure'.

A few days before Ya moved to Bidor, I spent a night in her house and I played make-up using a single lipstick and that tomorrow morning, we were sent to our respective schools by Mak Long using her memorable Red Aeroback Proton Saga. How much I wished that the fact that she'll be disappear from my daily life wasn't real. Those days, when internet usage was still so rare and expensive, plus social medias were so away from real, sadness or happiness were completely a personal. The only channel that I had, since I was really not a talkative-type(it's a true story for some of you who'll be like, "Err, are you sure, honey?"), was a diary. Yes, I had a pink diary where I even used the school-format as to write in it. Wonder where is it right now, since I moved to so many houses. Anyway, yeah, when Ya was away, I can't remember so much about my life anymore. You see, I only want to remember best memories. But there was once, when I was in standard six, where Ya was already a Bidor person for sometimes, Mak Long and her came to our house again, and yeah, I still remember there were Ya and I, at the gate of the house, and I saw her getting taller than me, and, silent. It was awkward. I didn;t know what to say, and so did her, I guess. Simply saying 'I miss you' or stuff was so weird. Even until now. So, that was the moment that I still remember.

Beauty.

All we cared was acne, hair, weight and height(not as extreme as weight, though). For so many years, the first thing came out from our mouth whenever we met, was,

"Ya, berat awak berape?"


And there goes the competition. I don't know on her side, but, I do feel some tense whenever I knew that I am heavier than her. Haha.
But trust me, until today, I am kinda envy with the fact that her nose is nicer than mine. Hahaha. Nevermind about this, deal?


So, Raya time.

I was 8, and she was 10. We always sticked together. Whenever the eldest cousinslike ALong Afzel, Along Fazrol, Kak Yan, Aimi or Chae did some story-telling about ghosts stuff or playing firecrackers, or do jokes or whatever that 'last-time' children/teenagers activities during gathering, we both will be the last pair that understood everything, especially when the jokes part. When everyone had settling down after the 'ketawa terbahak-bahak', then suddenly me and her were like,

"OOOUuuuuuuuuu...hahaha....baru paham."

I was the youngest to understand the eldest and quite in-the-market age to join them. And of course Ya too. We played "Nenek-nenek si Bongkok Tiga' at Opah's huge living room, we played "Speed" game using cards that gamblers use, we played "Dam Haji", "Dam Ular", "One Happy Family-Card", "UNO", but I don't remember if we ever played any mind-challenging games like "Scrabble" or "SUDOKU". Hahaha.







































It was a very good memories.






















Ya.





















She's getting married with the man of her life, insya-ALLAH.















I wonder what will happen to me.
But obviously, things will change.























But during last Ramadhan, I accompanied her for her Chekadot event, and she said,

"Noni, awak pun cari la sorang. Mesti Mak Zah teringin nak ada orang lain panggil dia 'Mama'."




















I don't know.
























But one thing for sure, I am so happy that I have her in my memories, and I how I always want her to be happy and 'dimurahkan rezeki'. InsyaALLAH.
I have no other intention but my love for her is completely because of Allah s.w.t.
Even if one day, everyone leaves me, I always know that she'll be there for me. 
And people, if you ever wondered what really happened to me at some point of my life, she was there accepting my conditions, advising, asking, directing and did whatever a human should do, when everyoneelse prefer to judge, leaving a hurtful remarks or even leave me 'terkontang-kanting'. But it;'s still not as easy as I type, cos, there was also a 'trespasser', but, it's just simply my style of living, once I love, I'll love, once I trust, I trust. 'Trespassers' or 'flints', my promise is, I'll be there whwnever she needs me. She done enough, until today.
















So, as to wrap up! Raya....
Raya is....
Meeting Ya and the rest of my cousins. Maybe as I am almost turn to 25(I was a late 'borner', though. Ya too! I'm November and she's December, and we both share the same day number '16'), maybe my raya meaning has slightly change(to better, of course), nothing can be the old times. I am so grateful that I am I am. *smile











Ya,
Semoga baik-baik saje untuk awak k. And let see each other tomorrow at Bidor and take pictures of both of us as usual, k.


Your cousin,
Noni.
28 July 2014
1845 hour
Shah Alam
On my katil









































*And oh yeah, still remember about 'rase kehilangan'? 

This, I don't think I can ever forget until my last breath.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs that make me cry, at least once.

And That Something New Isn't Going Well

Start Of Something New