Sixteenth Of November

1989
I was born.

1990
I got no idea how was I doing,

1991
Still clueless.

1992
Maybe I was still too innocent to understand life as a birthday person.

1993
Nope, still blur.

1994
Erm?

1995
Mama gave me a bag filled with colourful of toy blocks. I remember of playing them at the doorway, and she was in rush to attend a course at somewhere. I played them alone, I still remember. And the feeling? I felt happy. I did. Location was in Terengganu.

1996
My cousin who's sharing the same birth-month except that hers is on two days earlier, we celebrated together with what I could say, a very huge birthday party attended by relatives, neighbours and all I could remember was, there were so many people. We both wore a flower-pattern dresses. We kinda had this issue of choosing Pak Uda's gift, at the end I got Mc Donald's Apple-Pie Maker toy version, and she got a teddy bear. Kinda felt bad because of the selfishness, but, should I say, what past is past? Location was in Bidor.

1997
Still celebrated with the little cousin, and I remember of receiving so many nicely-wrapped-gifts. Here I got my very first proper branded Barbie by Mak Long. Other that still nicely stored in my mind was Pak Uda's 1000-pieces puzzles, where eventually, even until today, I never managed to solve them. But I do remember how excited I was to try them out. There was some blue skies and......blue skies. Sorry Pak Uda, Noni was only 8. And I still can't forget when Mama said, "Mama dah buatkan kek coklat tu, itulah hadiah Mama."And trust me, I was greedy for material-form gifts. So, kinda disappointed, but to think again right now, the chocolate cake was good, so, it's a good memory.

1998
I lost my memory for this year.

1999
Maybe no big celebration, so, I just forgot. Sorry. But I think I celebrated them with my family. I think so.

2000
Something happened, so, I was told that there'll be no cake. I was just awaken and get myself prepared, and I do still remember my sadness. But I hold it inside, alone, showing the hard side of me. I never simply cried in front of anyone.

2001
Can't remember.

2002
Doesn't ring any bell.

2003
Ahh, I still remember to have the thought that how pitiful I am as I am the-almost-year-end-born~er, so, I will never have the chance to have my classmates at school to sing a birthday song for me. And it's true. So sad.

2004
Maybe there was a cake, but obviously still just between me and my family.

2005
Angah gave me a black pencil case with a pink-embroided quoted, "I'M BORED". And I decided to add some more word beneath the pink letters by using a liquid paper; "to be dumb". And then I became happy. I still keep it in store, though. I love you, Angah!

2006
My siblings threw a small birthday party for me. Location was in Shah Alam in Mama's Taska. There was a sincerity. Not much I can describe. Beautiful. Plus I sms almost everyone 2 hours before the clock turned into my birthdate to wish me. And they did. So, yeay!

2007
It was our first day of ROTU Annual Camp roll call. I was asked to do twenty front-support by Bapak(Tuan Haimi) and another Tuan I couldn't recall. Something new, and, I did feel delighted! And the best part!!! Remember before all these What's App, WeChat and all these too-easy-to-access media to connect people? There was Bubble Talk by Digi. And, you know I adore batch 2 so much as they had this cool image in my eyes, and the sang a birthday song together for me. They gave me happiness, so my prayers for them to receive happiness forever is done until this moment.

2008
Still ROTU Annual Camp, and this time, my girly squad pranked me with some food residues they had been stored for some weeks. It was right after we had this roll-call-kat-level by our senior, if I'm not mistaken. They lifted me and threw me into the shower, and simply threw the residues from a pale. There was some cincau. Oh my. Then they left me for cleaning, and they just slept as nothing happened.

2009
I had this close-bond with some of our Sabahan squad, and I was just fly back from Peninsula, and they fetch me at the Kuching Airport, and when I arrived at the car, then TADA!! There was a cake. You see, this kinda surprise is really a 'bothersome', because I don't know how to feel. Happy? Moved? But all I know is, I felt very appreciated. I mean, some creatures have me in their thoughts. How nice is that? After all, a birthday wish is always sufficient for me. But, yeah, thank you for those who involved.

2010
Back to family life. Angah and I got out, and bought ourselves with jeans-fabric purse. Still keep them. But, my degree besties threw a surprise small party for me, and they are Noi, Fiza and my Twin, Wani Z. We had 4 soft toys with out names on it. It was a fun surprise, because I became so shy. Ahahaha. Seriously. 

2011
Black year. But I still managed to make myself a heart-shaped chocolate cake, and my sister, Mimie, helped to write some "Happy Birthday" word on it using white cream. Something new eventhough I felt so pathetic toward myself. Aside from that, I was depending too much on other's effort, I admit. I think I deactivate my Facebook, so..

2012
I was working in boutique, our working schedules were so different, but as I was about to go to work, I opened up the food cover where I always call it as 'sangei', and TADA! Another chocolate cake made by Mimie the baker. I ate some, and went to work. My Pakistanis colleagues wished me. Another new experiences. But the sad part was, very few people wished me.

2013
No cake, but Kak Yong gave me her unwanted-as-couldn't-fit-her purple blouse, where I still wear until today.

2014
Sal, Saihah, Nisa, Kak Ira, Kak Shieda, Ain, Kak Mary, Esotha, Joyce, Loga, Naim, Abang Hashim, Azer, Abang Rahmat. And who are these people? Enough for me to say that they are my everyday-we-seen-each-other people in my life currently. And what did they do? No cake, but there were party sprays that they directly sprayed at me. and sang birthday song for me, wished me and laughed and smiled and saw me became speechless for so many minutes. They even claimed that they had been acting and planned to do that since few days before. And that was around almost 0000 hours, and the next morning, which was this morning, I had more than twenty other people who are also in my everyday-we-seen-each-other lists, continued wishing me. Location, Malacca and oh yeah, there were parrots sang a birthday song for me. I am grateful to know you all, and that's the best gift ever!
*New update at 2200 hours: Mimie just bought me a chocolate cake! Alhamdulillah.
*Newest update on 17/11/2014 at 1400hours: A bunch of people where their names I mentioned above and more of them, they sweetly sang a birsthday song for me and even bought me a Black Forest cake. It's freaky that I just thought of eating one, and TARA!! My wish is their command! Thank you so much!!!

2015 and future
Yet to be known. Maybe with more new people. I hope so. Because what is birthday without others?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs that make me cry, at least once.

And That Something New Isn't Going Well

Start Of Something New